Finishing slats

For the past half a year we have been climbing on the higher sauna benches, while the wood for the lower bench was standing in the corner waiting for the day it would become a bench. With the new sawing machine I wanted to test cutting under two angles, which would be perfect for the sauna bench. I made sketch, calculated the angles, set the machine the before I knew it we finally had our lower sauna bench. This completes the sauna very much.
After that I finished the drawer cabinet, so now we can take of the old paint and make it fit into the room.
Meanwhile Jan came from the Netherlands with a big trailer full of furniture and boxes. As my dad had sold his house and moved in with Tine, and I still love the leather couches my parents bought when they got married, I inherited them together with some other stuff from the house and some car parts! There was just the issue of getting it here. Jan had a similar thing and when he suggested to buy a trailer together and drive it here with our stuff I was all for it and now it finally arrived. We stored most of the boxes in the garage, but the one with my grandfathers clock went inside and I put it on the wall as it seems to be the safest place to keep it. It was really nice to hear it chime.
Mo had reminded me that at one point we had talked about the idea to move into the bedroom on 7.7, exactly a year after we moved into the house (jeez, time flies), but in order to do that, some end spurt would need to happen. Good thing there now is a trailer to pick up large slats as having the car parts in town does not instantly fix my car. Good thing I could borrow Jans Citroën CX. Lovely car to drive, it made me miss my BX.
I took the slats through the router table and then made them to fit all around the ceiling of the bedroom.
We also needed windows sills, which would be nice if they would fit the room, so we looked through the wood we had saved and found some nice boards. I made the first one to fit and then took it into the shower to clean it, as it was very dirty, this turned out to be an excellent way to clean it and after that it made a perfect finishing touch for the windows of the dormers.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.