Start on the kitchen walls

Since we will have an open kitchen a logical continuation of putting in the plaster plate in the livingroom, is to also put them in in the kitchen. Since we still need to use the kitchen this involves a bit more logistics of moving around cabinets and kitchen appliances. But overall this goes pretty smooth as well. There are more power plugs needed here and also specific power plugs for the oven and the stove. Nice puzzling.

While drilling a hole towards the hallway I managed to hit one of the pipes of the central heating, which caused a delay of a few hours, as this had to be fixed of course.

Also I finally decided to open up my Makita accu drill to find out why I cannot switch to clockwise drilling anymore. It turned out to be pretty simple the selector was broken and the replacement part was in stock at Makserv for just 50 cents.

Covering sewer and chimney

After some easier straight walls, this week the more fun parts came up. I had to make a cove around the sever pipe and cover the chimney. Which also made us plan the kitchen a bit more, as the size of the cove would be influenced by what we want to put against it. We decided to have an extra cabinet there, likely partly with either doors on either side or shelves that are reachable form either side. We’ll see in the future.

Start of the living room

After a short visit to the Netherlands and our first Corona test, we had to stay at home till the next test or 10 days. Plenty of time to focus on the living room!

We started by taking out the closet and the beds from om temporary bedroom. Since next month we will have some extra people staying over, we created two guestrooms. One on the attic of the garage and one in the future studio.

Once the room was empty I could start putting the the last pieces on insulation material at the top of the wall. then I put in the first holes for the power plugs, put in the metal stud and the first plaster plates.

In the mean time Mo painted the window sills in Mattias his room.

Soon I found out we had to make some decisions on where we would like to the furniture in the living room, as that influences the location of the power plugs and network connections. Still a lot of work was done.

Another room done

Next weekend we will be traveling to the Netherlands for my fathers wedding. So this week I try to finish the second bedroom, so starting next week I can work on the living room!

So lots of details, finishing the desk, put door knobs on the cabinet doors, making window frames. I actually made to little pictures. But the important thing. The room is ready for Mattias to move in next week!

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: