Roof insulation

With the fall coming in fast, the roof insulation will get priority now. Jeff helped getting the insulation materials with him camper and agreed to come and help on Sunday.
On Saturday Mo and I insulated the roof above the bathroom area of the house. Already while working there you noticed the attic was getting warmer. Very curious what will will do with the heating.
On Sunday Jeff came to help with the main part of the house as the beams here where thinker also the insulation we used was a bit thinker. 15 cm mineral wool vs the 10 cm we had used on the other attic.
It turned out to be Jeffs birthday, which he didn’t do to much about as Pille was away on a work trip anyway, so we had decided to surprise him with a home made apple pie. (Plenty of apples from the garden to do something with.) This was a big hit. Jeff had to big pieces and was excited to take the rest home afterwards.

More bathroom works

This weekend I borrowed the Toyota IQ of co-worker Anna. At some point I had found out she had one and I always wanted to try one. This gave a good excuse to visit Mo’s mother and stop by at the Saunamaailm to check out what we would need to put a saltwall in our sauna. Answer: nothing special, just just have to make a frame that holds the salt.
During the week there had been plenty of rain to test the latest roof fixes and it turned out I had to get back on the roof to seal more parts that where still leaking.
Once that was done I went back to the bathroom to create a fake backwall above the shower and in from of that the edge for the indirect ligth. Now it was getting to an end it was giving an idea of how it will be later on.

Plastering and bathroom works

With another room fully plaster-plated I thought it would be a good time to get some rotband and fill the space between the plates and the screw holes. The coarse structure works fine for the big gabs between the plates and fill the big gab next to the toilet door, but it sure will need some finishing after that.
To be ready for the upcoming colder season, I wanted to put in the bathroom window properly. This was a nice job after a workday.
In the weekend it was time to get some time back from Gorden who I helped out with his bathroom tiling a few weeks ago. I thought it was fitting to work on our bathroom with him. I wanted to work on a lowered ceiling with indirect light from the edges.
Work progressed very slowly as every piece we put up had to be measured individually as the ceiling was not level in any direction. The laser really helped out nicely here. At the end of the day the edge around the ceiling was the only thing that was actually finished. Not very satisfying but still work that needed to be done.
On Sunday I spend more time trying to find the last small leaks on the roof. While that close to the roof I filled some cracks with PU foam as preparation for the insulation works.

The hallway

After playing around with the ESP replay, I dug up an ESP AI-TInker from my parts box to try to flash it. Unfortunately this did not go as smooth as I wanted. Oh well, no direct need for it, but would have been fun to finally have some software running on it.
Later in the week I finsihed the plaster plate around the front door. Suddenly it looks so much more done. After that I set up the scaffolding Jan had stored under the train roof in the hallway. This way finishing the ceiling in the hallway went very easy, at least for the reachability of the ceiling. It still was a lot of measuring, remeasuring and cutting to get the ceiling in, but the result was satisfying and the lights we bought weeks ago also look great.

Stairs for the backdoor

The Monday started very productive. In between installs I found an online tool where you can select parts of a picture and give then curtain colours. That way you get a pretty good idea of how this colour will look on your house or room.
Then I got home I started with some grass cutting. The lawn mower worked very well this afternoon. After that I decided it was a nice evenng to build a little stair for the backdoor. There you see again that having good tools really helps creating something nice. Towards sunset the stairs was finished. A great improvement!
When I got inside to tried the ESP-programmer and ESP relay that I had gotten over the mail. It worked pretty smooth. The drawback of these ESP’s is that the need and external powersupply which gets rid of the much lower price as the SonOff devices.