The last piece of floor insulation

Last week was Mo’s birthday and the weekend we went to Saaremaa, so after that we needed to step up a bit. We added some more ceiling, but with the dropping temperatures we where reminded that the hallway was the last part of the house that does not have floor insulation yet and had a hatch where a lot of cold air came through, so for the weekend we planned to insulate the floor.

In between we had trouble with the heating system again. Pelltech responded promptly and send a repairman, who replaces the main board and some other parts.

On Saturday Jeff came to help. We got the osb and insulation for the floor and started taking out the 4 cm thick beams. Pretty soon we found the first once with woodworm in it, so it was double good to take out the floor. Since we had to make an underfloor to hold the insulation and then close it, time flew by so we did not finish during the weekend, but we did get close. Already half way the work we noticed the hallway was getting more comfortable.

The next day I just had to replace the last part in front of the door and under the stairs. When I crawled under the stairs, I found a piece of would so filled with woodworm I could just vacuum it away, so I was very happy this floor was being replaced. But to replace the floor I needed to remove a supporting beam of the stairs. This is where the highlift jack came in handy again. At the end of the day the floor was fully replaced and we had a garden full of future burning wood.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: