Now we have moved it a new chapter in reconstructing will start, as we will be home every day. For now the first thing is to get the boiler connected and setup. Uve is making a great art piece from all the pipes, meters and valves.
Today will be a day off, this weekend is the big song festival which is held every 5 years and I am excited to check it out. Unfortunately Mo could not get a ticket anymore as for the first time the festival was sold out. We still went there together and enjoyed most of it from different sides of the fence.
Around 18:30 we left the festival to have a last bike ride to Kolde to hand in the keys. The owner was very impressed with the fact the renovation had already started, as she was not notified. Apart from that all was good and we should get the safety deposit back, which will be very nice to spend on the house.
Today is an exciting day. 4 Years after I moved to Estonia I move into our own house! The last bits and pieces still took 2,5 car loads, but then we had all our stuff in our house. In the afternoon I got some stuff from ABC, as they had another 25% discount weekend.
Also I connected the toilet door (pretty handy when you want to use it, I’d say) When it was connected, I found out the standard door and the standard frame where not 100% compatible, so there was a few centimeters of space on the top of the door. For now that works, I will deal with that later.
Also a package for the chimney pipes came in, that means Uve can do the chimney next week!
Today I wanted to finish the wall. The first part turned out pretty sturdy, so I had good hopes for the last part. Mo came to help me and pretty soon the last brick was put in the wall. Nice in time for the final move tomorrow.
Mo’s mother had an extra washing machine at her place, and as we don’t have one, it was great we could pick it up. In the same ride we dropped of the sofa and the three old TV’s that had been standing in the garden since we took them out the house last January. No pictures today, so a pretty boring post.
Today will be the day we will do a big part of the moving and some setting up/cleaning up.
We got almost everything except the beds and the table and chairs in Rõika now.
After that I connected the electrical part of the shower and got the radio and lights working. Fancy shower!
As a last preparation for the final move, we put the old couch on the car to drop of at a recycling center, but the one in Tallinn did not want to take it for free, even though the website said they should. Since we did not want to pay 10 euro to drop of a decent couch, we decided we would try tomorrow at Tabasalu.
Moving day is coming soon, so some the priority of some chores goes up. The piece of open wall created by the removal of the fireplace still needed to be closed, so I started creating some brick laying skills.
I picked up some of the stones from the pallet, made some cement and started making some “grown ups Lego” wall.
It went pretty well, once I get about half way it was time for dinner, so I went home to the apartment, where Mo had been packing.
As we will be moving in pretty soon, there are a couple of essentials that need to be arranged. Next to a toilet and a shower, a kitchen is also pretty handy, so we can eat other things as grilled food.
In the garage we stored the old electrical furnace and an old refrigerator, which would come in handy. They needed some cleaning, so we took them out of the garage and went on with it. While Mattias was cleaning the furnace, I put together the countertop with cabinet and 2 drawers
After two days of rest (apart from having the sewer system inspected) my back was getting a bit better. In the morning I guided a group through old town. After that I took a little nap in the sun on the trampoline, which turned out to be very nice for my back. Mo came over with a nice lunch and then we collected the parts for the shower cabin.
I spend the entire afternoon cleaning the parts and figuring out how I all the hoses and plugs needed to be connected. You always take to little pictures and set to little markings when you take things apart. But I think I got it pretty much connected correctly. We’ll see when it is done and I will connect it to the water pipes.